Saturday, February 4, 2012

101 BIRDS - Painting #1

This is the first thing I painted in 2012. I remember that the thought of a series of bird paintings just landed in my mind. I wasn't even thinking about art, but suddenly I knew that I need to decide on a format and allow myself to paint birds in whatever style I feel like. Isn't that weird? 
I also didn't think about the word for the year because I don't do that (except one year when I made up a word and it really didn't mean anything). This time a word planted itself and it's just there...
I don't even have think about it, it makes me aware of itself.
I wonder if this year will bring other surprises like that...

10 comments:

  1. "...suddenly I knew that I need to decide on a format and allow myself to paint birds in whatever style I feel like. Isn't that weird?"

    No, Honey, that's not weird at all.
    It just means you're an ARTIST. :-)
    Love the start of your bird series.
    DJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this Zorana!! Beautiful bird, cool colors, gorgeous textures and patterns. So glad that the birds came back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always I adore your bird paintings Zorana. Fantastic release and painted so beautifully. Love it. You are my example to paint looser. My work is so realistic. Go on with your birds, I enjoy.
    Have a nice Sunday and lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your birds :) this one looks like living here with us, we've finaly got some snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the crown on your beautiful bird.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this painting, but then again I love all of your paintings. Birds are my favorite subject, so I especially love these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Geez, I am so glad you are back...love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how no matter what you paint you manage to get lots of texture. The bird is beautiful...I like how it seems to be hiding in the canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do the best textures....yummy!!

    ReplyDelete