Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Painting big

I wasn't feeling very talkative on my blog this week, but that doesn't mean that I was not painting. I worked on several big canvases (36"x24"), mostly enjoying the splashes of color and their interaction than anything else. I didn't even listen to music while painting... it was just me and color and brushes and I really loved it.  
 
I hope you enjoyed my mostly blue-green paintings...
This last one is an older painting. I don't think I showed it on the blog, and it goes well with this series so I included it.
I have a new favorite color (not blue or green). I think my big journal is calling me... so in the next couple of days I hope to explore the "new" color and share the results.
xo

10 comments:

  1. I'll be waiting for it. And what's with the living room smack in the middle of your paintings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a HUGE fan of color-field art. Beautiful color and texture!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How chic your painting looks in the living room setting. It's just perfect there. Lovely color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the scale of these paintings.
    Your greens and blues are beautiful.

    I can't wait to find out what the "new" color would bring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your 'green' painting is so cool and refreshing, it has a dreamy quality that makes it very peaceful to look at. I love the subtle 'orbs' floating around as if they are about to float away - or just disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful, zorana....must be sooo freeing to do these big canvases...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the second one turned horizontally as an abstract landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your work with color is amazing. I love these blues and greens.

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're amazing! Your art keeps changing and evolving and it's always beautiful. I especially like the the two paintings with the little red blocks. They just speak to me but I think all of them are great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are amazing! I love them all but my fave are the pair with the red blocks of colour wow Dxx

    ReplyDelete