Sunday, September 4, 2011

Untroubled

I have a BIG new journal. So does she. It is really a beautiful journal, right now - my favorite. I love working in this big format (11.75x16.5"). This is the second page I did. I'll show the first one soon (as soon as I get photo of Sharon's page, so that we can all see how different they turned out).
art journal
I loved making up a story on this page, two girls thinking completely two different things.
Or it could be just one... conflicted about something.
Notice the word "But". When I was cutting it from a book I was obviously too impatient to be careful, so I cut it in half... Does that ever happen to you? Rather than looking for a new 'but' word, I decided to glue down both parts.
While the left girl is obviously worried, the other one has no care in the world...
SEEM + ED. Again a found word thing... Much easier to find word seem, than search forever for the correct tense. I do this often - cut a word and add 'ed', 'ing' or whatever is needed from a different word. Makes things easier.
Speaking of easy and untroubled - how easy is it to enjoy the long weekend? One more day!!! I hope you're having fun!

13 comments:

  1. I hate to repeat myself, but I love your stuff. putting the words on there, very neat. Would that be called "mixed media?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. they definitely look lost in thought...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Texture, colors, everything....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pages! Love both girlies and your style!
    Jessi xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is marvelous work Zorano. The two girls with their own different thoughts. Stunning.
    Lovely greet Marja

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the use of white on these girls....the one so serene like her mind is a blank white canvas...the other, with white lines etched and drawn....emphasizing the turning of the cogs within...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice dimensions, must be fun to work on a journal that big. Big paintings, but not on canvas :) Tempting :))) But it would be easier to make my own book than buy one, I believe :) On the other hand, to be true.. I have a big homemade journal :)
    I would love to have another day off, but it's normal monday here. Have to wait till the end of October for a shorter week :)
    Love your painting, they look sooo different. Like your way of incorporating words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh... I've been following your blog for years. AND, I've been following Sharon's blog for years too! How fabulous you two are friends! Now, get her to visit out here and have a HUGE workshop! We'll flock in from all over, just to rub artistic elbows with you two!!

    I'll continue to watch your AMAZING creativity!
    Sweet Blessings, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm very impressed by the big size of this journal! I'm used to using an A5 sized one, the size of a standard book. I've just started an A4 one, twice the size and trying to get used to it!xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your big journal is great. I like working in a big journal, too. But I haven't created anything as wonderful as your two girls. I like how they each give a different expression and tell a story. And I like that you used the "but" and "seemed" cut in two. It makes it more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it fun to get a new journal? So many pages just waiting. Fun to see how you use the words.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning paintings and wonderful collage, if that's the word for it. I enjoy the way you superimpose the text fro elsewhere. It gives it so much clout.

    ReplyDelete