Friday, August 26, 2011

Visiting Sharon and her muse Norah...

I'm back from Texas... I blinked and the week was over.
For the last couple of hours I've been looking at my collection of photos and thinking how to put it all in a post and try to describe the time we spent together. And since I can't figure it out, I guess it will have to be spread out in several posts and I'll just start with the beginning.
My trip started very early in the morning. That is good because it took me three planes to get to Ms. Sharon...  and - I got to see the sunrise from high above, which is always cool. It was really great!
We walked and talked, she cooked, I ate; we watched birds and bunnies, talked some more, and more, painted, soaked in the amazing views of her property... days were too short. 
We also made jewelry! I was very lucky to have a private workshop with a very talented lady:
She patiently led me through the complex and very fun process of working with metal and resin. There were moments that camera couldn't capture but that I know we'll remember forever (I don't think that Sharon will ever trust me with a Dremel tool again, although she will with the torch because I'm the master of fire! /in my dreams/).
 I used my digital collage sheet for my pendant (it was just the size I needed), while Sharon made a print of a detail of one of her new amazing paintings for hers. Now all I need to do is attach the pendant to a ribbon, leather cord or a chain and I will have a one of a kind necklace. Except that I don't want to, because I need to hold it in my hand for a while and stare at it... Sharon's pendant is on the left, mine on the right.
We both wished that we had more time to paint together because it was really a fun to do, but there are things to show... so, the story will continue.
Have an amazing weekend!
xo

7 comments:

  1. what a wonderful time!!!! And you´ve made beautiful artwork, both!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look like such neat necklaces!! Great combo of art and metal. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Zorana. What a beautiful jewelry. Loooooove it. So nice.
    And also beautiful pictures.
    have a nice weekend and greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pendants and what fun to get together with an art friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can imagine the great time you had. All that fun and art, no wonder the week passes so fast.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lOVE these!
    Simply love them.
    Fondly,
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lucky you are Zorana! beautiful works of art!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete