Wednesday, August 31, 2011

New art supply

Before the visit, I told Sharon that I am bringing an art supply that I never tried before and would like to explore with her. I also said that it's nothing special and that she probably worked with it before, but for me it was new... 
I brought out my new, unopened box of gouache paints. Sharon smiled, without even looking reached for a place in a drawer and pulled out another box of gouache. She said that she painted with them a long time ago and wanted to try them out again with me. Don't you love when things like that happen?
I enjoyed painting with them a lot. It was different, I think they made me paint slower, which was good because we chatted all along. We started with the same inspiration piece to look at, but finished with completely different results. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of Sharon's page, but hopefully she will post it on her blog soon. This is what I painted in my little moleskine watercolor journal.
art journal

7 comments:

  1. Such warmth and colour. Love the birds on her face too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful paint Zorano with these gouche paints. Wam colours, besutiful the birds.
    lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the birds on her head....beautiful painting. I've never used gouache paints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful that not only are you and Sharon creating art together...you are on the same wavelength about materials!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got to play with Sharon - how lucky both of you are. I love the colours of this art work, and the placement of the birds - mmm - like art that makes you think

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful!! So glad you and Sharon got to 'play'. Also, thank you for the introduction to a new supply-that's very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah I do love gouache too! Not the easiest to paint with, but lovely result.
    I wish I could have come along and played with you and Sharon!

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete