Sunday, February 13, 2011

Under the flowering tree

This is pretty big, probably the largest portrait I ever painted; it's on 16"x20" canvas. I experimented a bit... The canvas was on an easel, not on my table (like I'm used to).
I wanted flowers to be raised, to have a high texture without using any texture mediums.
I used this huge monster brush for the most part and a palette knife for the flowers. I had much less control than I'm used to, but a lot of fun. It's always interesting to step out of the comfort zone... not very pleasant, but interesting, so I'll try something new again soon.

4 comments:

  1. I think your palette knife flowers look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh Zorana!! the flowers just pop out!what a gorgeous painting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Zorana, she´s a beauty!! Wonderful those flowers in her hair, love your painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this. The flowers look so real. It looks like it is raining flowers:)

    ReplyDelete