Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Spilling dots

While walking through the beautiful redwoods over the weekend, my dh and I stumbled upon something we have never seen before.
Hundreds? Thousands?
 Maybe more. They were everywhere (including my hair). It was amazing... 
 I immediately knew that I want to paint them. Actually, not "them" - just one. 
And I did.
 Too bad that I still can't learn to photograph big pieces. This is 24"x24" and here, on the photo, it looks like big mess (to me, at least). It's like the under-layers of the painting show more than the layers above them. It's nothing like the painting I'm looking at in real life. I mean, it is - but it's not. The actual painting I like, the photo not so much. I wonder why is that... 
I like the detail much more.

13 comments:

  1. What an amazing sight-and lovely painting too. You are too hard on yourself-it looks good! It makes me wonder where he is going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen lady bugs swarm like that before. Love your painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this...It is different and unique. I think it is wonderful that the swarm inspired you and even more wonderful that you put it to paint :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow zorana! Love this painting and those pictures are incredible! I have never seen so many ladybugs swarm like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the painting.The colours and texture.love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh thats strange, i've never seen anything like that before. obviously i'm reffering to the ladybirds and not your artwork ;)

    Your painting as always is wonderful, lots of yummy texture and layers!!

    Micki x

    ReplyDelete
  7. what beauty! i love how you captured it with paint! and...the angels turned out so wonderfully, zorana!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lucky you! it is a sign of great luck!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the painting you did to go with being inspired!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hee hee hee! I bought lady bugs last year for my food garden, they are FUN! AND it is a wonderful painting! I think some times its the lighting that pics every thing up and makes it look different...try playing with your flash and light...
    -Gypsy
    http://gypsyfroggie.blogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa! I've never seen ladybugs to that before. Every year at our office they collect in our light fixtures and drop onto us from the ceiling. Fun, huh?

    Who cares if you focus on the detail or the whole picture? The important part is it inspired you to get into the studio and paint!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW I've never seen anything like that either!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never seen anything like this either! Seeing so many lady birds is good luck :) Hope all those lady birds bring you LOTS of luck.
    Dot xx

    ReplyDelete