Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 review

I did this kind of a photo-review last year and liked seeing everything in one place so much that I decided to do it again. I think that it might be interesting for some of the new readers of my blog, and maybe not so much for ones that followed me through the year. I hope you have fast web connection and a cup of something warm beside you. 
January
January was so long ago... I remember how I sketched the little girl and bird while on my day job, daydreaming about my studio. I painted my first journal page ever with oils, played with our friends' dogs and dug the world's smallest radishes. I also held my breath and posted my first video on YouTube. It seemed like such a big deal at the time.
February
I enjoyed Sharon's workshop, continued painting angels, and encouraged by comments added more videos to YouTube. This one is my shortest (1:25) and I think my most favorite.

March
In March I played with rosin paper, used crackle, planted a vegetable garden, and was interviewed by Magickal Meliss (here).

April
Celebrated Easter, painted very unblended portraits, explored crackle paint and wrote about different cackle products here.
May
I picked up the biggest rose ever, purchased pan pastels, painted purple hydrangeas somewhere (I don't know in which journal and I can't find them). 

June
 June was super cool. Baby boy graduated from college and made us all very proud, the weather was beautiful so I sketched outside, I went crazy with all the beautiful Pan Pastel colors so I created a ton of same faces just so I can enjoy blending and combining the colors.
July
 In July I painted with light from my camera, rocked my Vibram shoes, jogged 20 minutes without stopping for the first time in my life. I was unbelievably proud of myself!
August
I failed at trying to capture Hana and her red hair (not red anymore - she's black-haired now), had a little talk with a bird, enjoyed my camera. I also visited Grand Canyon for the first time, almost lost my head from all the beauty and didn't post one photo... I couldn't pick the right one from hundreds I took.

September
This was a difficult month. Not one of my faces was happy. I was mentally and physically exhausted. I stopped working at my day job and the day after painted my lion lady, trying to give myself some strength.
October
I stopped drinking coffee and mourned it (so I started again in December), painted a lot, made the best ice-cream with only two ingredients, created journals with a secret, re-opened my etsy shop.

 

November
In November I made many, many little ACEO/ATC cards. I had so much fun with them! I also made digital ATC collage kits and heard very nice things about them from people that bought them. I loved seeing all the creative ways my images were incorporated in someone else's work.




December
I think I cooked much more than I painted in December... I also launched my first online workshop. I should have probably waited for January, as almost everyone is too busy in December, but since it's an ongoing workshop, with all the videos readily available online I thought that any time would be fine.


Did you make it through? This was my longest post ever, longer even than last year.
I liked this year. It was mostly kind to us, and I can't wish more for the next one. With that said, I wish you a happy, healthful, prosperous and creative 2011!
xoxo

18 comments:

  1. Wow! I think it is the world's largest blog post. Awesome Zorana! Thanks for sharing all your beautiful artwork and I look forward to seeing it again next year, er..tomorrow.:)
    HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your post, it was fun seeing your work unfold throughout the year. I don't think I have the energy to pull one together for my blog :)I am so glad that I re-found your blog and that I am now following you. We are kindred spirits I think. Oh and congrats on finishing college. Awesome achievement.
    k

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has realy been a good year for you. Loved reading this post as I love reading all your posts, seeing your paintings, watching your videos.
    I believe this new year will be even better and will bring new chalenges your way.
    Wish you and your family all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved seeing all the faces again. Some of my favoriets, I had forgotten about. How? I don't know but thanks for the 2010 review. I love you.
    Hugs and Smiles,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, What a wonderful glimpse at your art and life in 2010. What a beautiful year you made.
    Have a Happy New Year! May it be filled to the brim with blessings!
    hugs,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your re-cap of 2010. What a wonderful way to document your artistic journey!!!

    Happy New Year! I very much look forward to your blog entries (and videos) in 2011......and your first on-line class is GREAT! Sharon P.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I certainly enjoyed this, it was like going to a One Woman Show, well it was a one woman show and just the best. I really had a feeling of inspiration and now of course I want to do a woman with a cat, I have done that once but now again I have that feeling. The cat was your Lion Lady I think. Amazing how that painting gave me some strength, and I need that as I feel a fading sort of feeling sometimes, I don't me a fading that one should take serious upon hearing, it is jut a feeling that comes with the effort I have to put into each day these days. With equiptment to walk it takes effort to get a cup of coffee to the table, or a bowl of soup dished.
    That is not the point, the point is how your year end review is just the best balm for me on this day, Lovely faces, some of them related and some so different, such fun and beauty. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved viewing your 2010 journey--what an exciting year you have coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW I don't think I created even 10 % of the amount of art you created in 2010!! What a fabulous collection...congratulations to you and best wishes for the most creative and healthy 2011!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for all you've shared this year. I started watching your blog over a year ago now, and you've been so inspiring.

    So, looking at your wonderful art of 2010 is how I'm bringing in 2011. Tucked into bed, ready for dreamland.

    Here's to an artful 2011.
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great overview of your year. The thing that struck me is just how colorful your art is. Love it!

    Happy New Year!

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! is all i can say :) you're amazing, my friend!
    i've just read katharine cartwright's blog where she shares this picasso quote: 'what one does is what counts, not what one has the intention of doing'
    thanks for sharing all you've accomplished this past year :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful work! It looks amazing all together like that doesn't it? Happy new year to you! May 2011 bring you joy, creativity and love. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your year re-cap, what a great way to sum it all up, just perfect!!

    Happy new year, I hope you will be blessed with health, wealth and happiness this year!!

    Hugs

    Micki x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I'm impressed by everything you created, so many pieces of art, all so gorgeous!
    Love how you presented a whole year of art in a nutshell here for us.
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i had a wonderful morning today enjoying your art with my coffee....yummy....

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love when you do your year reflection post. You do so many wonder things. Love your art and you inspire me. Thanks for sharing so freely........

    ReplyDelete
  18. A wonderful post reflecting on the year and all the beautiful work you did. You have been busy and one can see how you went through different phases during the year. Love all the faces and emotions.
    Hope the year 2011 will bring you much joy and happy cheerful memories.
    Keep well and happy painting! :)

    ReplyDelete