Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Saturated with miracles

Kate asked: "When you start a painting do you have an idea that you are trying to convey or is it all just spontaneity?" What a great question! In my previous post it was obvious that I wanted to paint something that looked like my daughter. Didn't work out too well. Very often I need to paint out an emotion... and I sit without any big plans, just a need... The painting in this post is a perfect example of that. I didn't have an idea or color scheme, just a feeling I needed to get out.
Hope that you like it!

11 comments:

  1. gosh, zorana. i love it. i'm so glad you're back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes, I do like it. I like the skin tones and I like thinking about "that night" too. And I like the warning on the cardboard. Makes me wonder about warnings....and miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, I am glad you liked my question and I love seeing the results. Also I am glad you are back to blogging too.... That cardboard really gave it great texture... Wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like cardboard... that edgy feel...
    Love the red & blue, along with the skin color. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing the process!! Thanks for sharing it. Your painting is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The whole feeling of this piece, the painting- the words - seems somewhat magical.

    Beautiful.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I do like it!!! Your art is always beautiful even when you think it isn't. And I like how you add the perfect words to each one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed seeing the process.
    She is magical.
    And so are the words.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your words:"painting a need". Your artwork is so lovely, I'm so glad to have come across your blog. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always mean to ask, when looking at your paintings, if you use acrylic paint or oil? Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete