Saturday, June 12, 2010

Happy smiles

This was a big and happy day for our family. Our boy graduated from college with a degree in psychology. And I was smart enough to buy waterproof mascara yesterday, as I first started crying when I saw all those young kids in their black gowns (on over 90 degrees, noon, in the middle of a meadow in CA hills - super hot), and continued through different stages of the long process. I can't believe that the time past so quickly. And that he made it seem so easy... Super extra very proud.  
I made a photo collage several years ago showing how he changed over time and turned from my baby into a young man. So cool!
My heart is smiling.
Thanks for making me feel comfortable enough to share.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, you should be smiling! That's a great accomplishment....for you and for your son. He's a handsome guy but then his mom is beautiful so how could he miss!

    Congratulations to him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww congratulations to you and your son, how fantastic!! You must be so proud!!! Love the collage too! I have two boys 7 and 3 and I can't imagine them being that big one day but I know it'll fly by in a flash!!! Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that your family is celebrating his mighty achievement.
    As an educator, I see many kids that will not be able to wear a collegiate mortarboard and gown...ever.
    So, in that light, be sure that you celebrate your achievement of raising him in a manner that inspired this achievement. I'm serious. Parents are the difference. If only in secret, take a moment, do something special for you, and reflect upon what it took to get him there.
    Then, go inspire a young parent to do the same.
    Good parents hold our future in their hands.
    (Really too long for a comment, so I'll go blog about this. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! A big moment for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, where does the time go? Ivan, congratulations Sweetie! You are truly an inspiration to everyone who's lives you touch. Z, tears of joy and warm hugs to you and Sasha. You are both wonderful parents and beautiful people. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, young man! It's funny how you he are about the same age, now, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I just went through this in May when my son graduated with a Business BS degree in Reno!!!! I was so moved I went into the UGLY cry and it totally took me by surprise! I was so proud of him!

    Congrats! It is your accomplishment as well! :)
    Love Gypsy
    http://gypsyfroggie.blogs.com

    ReplyDelete