Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Pastel fun

I had a 30% off coupon for Dick Blick. Doesn't that sound good?  Stacks of PanPastels caught my eye. I saw them on blogs, but never in a store. And look at those colors.... they were too yummy to pass by. So I didn't. I chose the most colorful stack.
As soon as I got home I opened my journal and started experimenting. It was fun and fast and relaxing.
I had to use all colors..... and was pretty proud of this next girl (until Hana said that she looks like she's bruised.... hmmmm, I guess blue and purple can give that impression).
I know nothing about pastels, so I just played. I noticed that they are soft, highly pigmented and very 'smooshable'. I wonder how will they look on watercolor paper. Or pastel paper. I guess I'll have to visit the store again :-)

12 comments:

  1. What fun!! I've been wanting to try these too. I'll have to order some online as no one around here has much in art supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! i have some pan pastels--I am so impressed with what you did with them!!! You are an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the middle one! They're all beautiful though,we don't have a dick blick by me. I would probably spend a fortune in there,those pastels look like fun,I have been wanting to order them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet I know just the DB store you visited :-)

    Love the soft look you achieved with the pastels.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ladies are beautiful. Do you use a brush with pan pastels? Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have these but only in the portrait colors. Aren't they amazing? I so want actual colors now. Did you know they are erasable if you make a mistake? I decided if I do some on canvas I'd seal it with a spray sealer. I can't wait to see what else you do!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your faces are amazing! That's what you do with pan pastels!!! Best demonstration I've ever seen. You should send those to the makers, it would sell their product like hot cakes. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful job. I have yet to get my hands on the colors of pan pastels I want. Soon hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! So soft...SERENE.
    Funny, I was just online yesterday selecting my Pan Pastel colors for a near future order! I think that I've decided to just buy them as singles...10 a month!?
    Can't wait to see whate else you do with them because you know that I am one of your biggest fans!
    Hugs~ Missy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I am totally impressed! I knew I was intrigued with pan pastels and wanted to try them. Now I REALLY want to. Great job with them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a great job you have done with the pan pastels, and I am sooo jealous of a 30% off coupon from Dick Blick. never heard of such an animal!

    ReplyDelete