Thursday, March 25, 2010

Reverie

1. Daydream
2. Lost in thought
Did you know that daydreaming is good for the brain? Not to mention the soul... I read about it HERE. Good to know that I'm doing something healthy and useful when I think I'm wasting time.
I don't know if she wanted to have a crackled surface as the previous one, but I know that I wanted to play with it again. It is so interesting when you pour something and know that you can't really control the way it will turn out. I love the feeling (but won't be able to play with crackly surfaces for a while because I used all the crackle making stuff).
 This is what I wrote on the back:
Reverie is not a mind vacuum. 
It is rather the gift of an hour which knows the plenitude of the soul.
~Gaston Bachelard
She lives HERE now (in case anyone is interested). Happy pre-Friday!

6 comments:

  1. I love her and I love that crackle!! What kind of crackle medium ? golden?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That *is* good to know because that is where *I* live!

    I love her wistful look and I also love your crackle finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so beautiful....you can look at her forever... I must try the crackle.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just in love with that crackle that you are using. She's gorgeous too,what kind of crackle are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful face, Zorana! I love the crackle. It gives the painting so much depth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is simply gorgeous, Zorana! I love so much the colors you've choose for this painting and the crackle is fantastic! What kind of crackle paint did you use?
    Hugs, Sanda xoxo

    ReplyDelete