Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I love online classes!!!

As much as I enjoy to paint freely,  without giving it much thought (like the painting I did in the previous post) I also love to learn things. I think that online classes are the best thing ever. I remember how I used to read the class descriptions for art retreats and wish that I can go to them. Having them online is even better - you get to watch the teacher paint as many times as you want.
I love Sharon's class! I feel that I learned a lot only after 1 week. Not only about painting faces. She gives many tips about the whole process from the beginning of a painting, to the way she seals it at the end. There are several things that I already started incorporating in my other paintings.
I also love how she gives detailed instruction about the color. That's different from what I've saw before - what color where, what does it do, why etc. I guess that's the reason why her paintings have life and just look cool, not one-dimensional.
I have a long way to go, but I've practiced a bit and am more than happy that these ladies came from my brush. I invite you to join us if you want to learn how to paint interesting faces. The class is ongoing, you can just jump in and play.
On an other note - I've been looking at so many beautiful pictures of snow on other blogs, that I thought it might be good to show what I see in my backyard. Spring is not here yet, but these daffodils don't know it. My tulips started blooming too.... I'll have to take a picture and show as they are the funnies tulips in the world - they bloom only one inch from the ground...
One more thing... I want to thank you all for the comments. They are much appreciated and loved, as always. I received several questions that I would love to answer, but I don't have the commenters' email addresses. I don't think it's appropriate to go to their blogs and answer under their posts.... just doesn't seem to make sense. So, please, if you want me to answer - I'll be happy to, but please leave your email address.

6 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about taking Sharon's class. Thanks for talking more about it.

    Your paintings are amazing (they always have been IMO)! The colors on the face of the third one are very pleasing to my eyes. Gorgeous work!!

    I'm jealous of your flowers....all I have is snow, snow, and more snow. And we might be getting more. UGH! I want flowers! :)

    ~magick~
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. These girls are absolutely stunning! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic! I'm lovin' this class too! Can't wait for tomorrow and a new lesson :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh how did I miss seeing these! You are so amazing Zorana!! I love this style!! Hope to see more :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Norah's class is fantastic! And your faces are always beautiful even before you took the class.

    The trees in our yard have buds on them and are just about ready to blossom! Love this weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zorana,

    These ladies are just lovely, I can see a little difference in them from your previous work. I guess that is the class influence. Good to hear that Sharon's class is going so well.

    ReplyDelete