Thursday, December 31, 2009

Saying bye to 2009

January
Misty's month of daily Art Journaling provided a good push to create every day. I enjoyed the monochrome challenges the most, which is surprising since I use ALL colors most of the time.


February
Played with texture . And our friends' dogs. Posted a tutorial. Painted over an old painting. Few months later a painted over it again. And sold it.

March
Spent an amazing weekend with my husband on Tahoe, enjoyed the snow, painted the first rose of the year, planted a garden, painted orange paintings and walls, welcomed my sister's new baby boy.

April
I pretty much spent the month working and staring at my garden. Couldn't believe that I actually produced radishes!

May
Completely frustrated with the lack of time. Worked so much at work that it left me empty. Decided not to create art,  blog or do anything creative ever again because I didn't feel I have anything to share.

June
No blogging. I did continue creating, of course. We can't help it. It has to come out. Missing my blog, but was not ready to come back.

July
Sharon arrives to wake me up. Judy Wise and Katie Kendrick teach workshops in CA. I feel alive again.


August
Creating almost daily in my journal, on cardboard, canvas... Not enjoying my garden.

September
Hana started high school. I think I painted my favorite paintings of the year this month.


October
Mystele 's online workshop. Let the freedom of creativity explode.... I loved it!



November
Misty's online workshop. Me turning 45. Loving the bird and feather journal page a lot. Don't know why.



December
I love December! All the birthdays and holidays mean a lot of family time. A very good month.



Did anyone make it to down here?  It's interesting how each brush stroke captures a piece of time and  how looking at them brings the whole year back as in fast forward mode.
2010 sounds interesting! Welcome!
Happy New Year!

9 comments:

  1. I did. That was absolutely amazing. I love it. I love that you did that. So cool. I'm speechless. Yeah me. I wanted to pick a favorite and I couldn't. I just loved being reminded of each of them and how beautiful it is to see like that.
    Thank you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cool. wow, zorana! what a gorgeous way to recount your steps. love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did....LOVELY. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made it and thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it! Your art is so beautiful! I could sit and look at it for a long time.

    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing your year in art review. Beautiful! I couldn't pick a favorite. Let me just say how I saw how your work progressed throughout the year, how you gained in depth.
    Looking forward to see what you do in the coming year.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you kept blogging & sharing your artwork...Hope 2010 is all you need it to be...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely seeing your art and hearing your reflections. Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous over view of 2009. I hope you have a very happy and artful 2010

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the recap-beautiful work. And since I recently started following your blog it was great to see all the months' progress.

    ReplyDelete