Friday, December 11, 2009

Etsy SALE

I love painting birds!
That's one of my favorite things to do. So I paint them often...

For these I used the background pieces from Misty's class.
I cut them up, stitched and glued them... such wonderful paper to play with. I enjoyed the deep, saturated colors.

Then I added some encouraging words. It's always nice having little reminders around to nudge us in the right direction.
With the new year just around the corner and all the resolutions we'll be making I thought it was the appropriate time.

This time I thought about the size before I painted. These are 8"x10" and fit nicely in standard frames. And look good framed too...
Too bad that I forgot to take a picture of them framed... will do that when we get some light (it's very dark and rainy here)

I really enjoyed painting them. In case you like them too, they will be perched in my etsy shop (but will fly to someone for $25 each). Speaking of etsy - how about a little sale? 20% of each item until Christmas. When you pay the full price, I will refund the 20% promptly (including shipping).

Happy weekend! Rainy or not, I am going to love it.

9 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!
    You are so d@^^ clever to do that with those backgrounds and your birds are the best I ever remember seeing. I want topaint birds like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh..ooh....oooh Zorana! You know how much I love your birdies. These are so, so gorgeous. And your backgrounds have taken on another beautiful dimension.
    As soon as I have some funds I am going to buy one from you. You are very generous to offer a 20% off sale.

    Your art makes my heart sing. So happy that you are embracing your art and creating so many wonderful things!

    Much love from me to you.
    Dot xx

    P.S The abolish fear quote is so perfect for me right now - am going to keep that up front in my mind and heart. Thankyou for speaking to me through your art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Sharon, these are really wonderful. I love that you took what you learned in Misty's class and then made it your own. That is prefect!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these little birds. And the backgrounds are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I love them too! That first bird looks a little angry...I love it. Backgrounds are yummy...I need a Misty class.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This set of birds is terrific, I seem to see more detail in these than previous ones - but maybe that is just my new glasses :-)

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  7. i lOVE your beautiful bird pieces. i love birds so much too....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, Zorana! It's always so nice to hear from you! Thank you!!!!!
    Yes, it's always exciting to see our art on the pages of Somerset Studio! Beautiful publication! Oh, how I do love your birdies and although I remain pretty quiet...I still drop by your blog nearly every day to admire YOUR art!
    I hope that you are enjoying this holiday season! Hugs~ Missy

    ReplyDelete