Monday, October 26, 2009

Open your eyes

Can you hear the little bird telling her: "Open your eyes. Live your life. The time is now." That's what I hear so loudly that I didn't think I need to put the actual words on the canvas.

I love texture... Can you tell?

I wish I took more photos. She went through a lot of changes. My husband liked the white/red combination... so did I, but it felt unfinished so I continued. Fun!

The weather this weekend was phenomenal! The sun was shining more brightly than in the middle of summer. It was perfect for long, slow walks, grilling, bike rides... so good.

- available on etsy -
Happy Monday!

13 comments:

  1. Oh WOW! I really like the top right that visited for just a little while. Your texture is wonderful as always. What fun you had during those little pockets of painting play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just in love with this painting! Everything about it is beautiful-from the textures to the colors to the details! Just perfect! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the texture and warm colours! She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmmmm. i love the top right mix, too, and all the texture. yes, she does speak loudly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty painting. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them all...and texture too. This is a new favorite for me.
    Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are so talented and gifted!
    i love texture, too and yours is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely to read your comment the other day, dear zorana - i've been thinking of you too :o)
    i keep thinking i'll start up my blog again - and then the inspiration wanes...
    i love this new pianting, though - esp. the art deco hair!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet Zorana - every day I come to visit your art speaks to me. And this beautiful painting (and the thoughts behind it ) speak volumes to me.
    Your art is beautiful and thought provoking and makes me feel so happy!
    Lots of love
    Dot xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful....she looks like sleeping beauty. Love all of the wonderful texture and yes, I love the red and white version too!

    Hope you're having a great weekend.

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful painting! I love the textures.

    I have a giveaway on my blog. Click on the What am I? Giveaway picture in the right side bar.
    theprovidentwoman.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. just found your blog and your work is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the textures! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete