Saturday, August 1, 2009

Witness

Together. In their world. Happy.
-8"x10" on wood, available on etsy-
It seems that whenever my husband goes on a business trip I paint two birds. They just show up, without much thinking. This is the 'erased' painting. It is painted on plaster. I found it interesting that after many layers of paint and gesso I could still 'feel' the plaster. It seemed to absorb the paint differently than what I'm used to. It's very matte, textured, different. I liked scratching through it and unveiling previous layers.

7 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Zorana...wonderful that this is the "erased" piece from the last post. Love this new work and those two beautiful birdies.

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Zorana! Wishing you a creative Sunday! Hugs~ Missy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word!!!!! She is so beautiful and well I'm speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is wonderful...and symbolic. I am like Sharon...what more can I say :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zorana,

    I really like this piece. It speaks volumes. I am now considering painting over a wip that I have struggled with. thanks


    kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly wonderous. I'll bet it is even more so in person when you can see all that texture 3D.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it!! I almost forgot to check back to catch how it ended up, glad I didn't miss it:)

    ReplyDelete