Friday, August 7, 2009

Silly page

I had such a stressful day that at the end of it I was left with a very nervous/aggressive/sad energy and decided to go to my art room and see what comes out of it. I thought that I will be working in dark reds and blacks and make something angry and scary, but instead - this silly face came out. And the words.... they are in my head very often anyway. It really is complicated being an adult. Sometimes I wish I could just step out... and go to a happy, chld-like place.
But I don't.
Because I am responsible.
I just create silly pages.
Speaking of it - here is another page that I created while my friend Connie was visiting the other day. I introduced her to rosin paper and it was love at first sight. I think Connie might have stopped at Home Depot on her way home. :-)

7 comments:

  1. Your art is just wonderful. I think my favorite so far, is your silly adult piece. I love your work. I am planning my own trip to Lowe's to score some rosen paper. Looks like fun to play on.
    have a wonderful day.. and may you stay in the art of light.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you think being an adult is hard...wait until you get old LOL
    All kidding aside...great face, you have talent coming out of every finger.
    I remember you garden growing well in those special frames. It is true that one has to give a garden a little tough love...too much coddling and it does not grow as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!!!!!! Wishing you a great weekend...and NO bad dreams!!!!
    Hugs~ Missy

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love the girls with the cute, sweet, funny, silly, great faces. They just say so much so keep painting them and enjoying to moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already said this...I am so happy to see you back in bloglandia!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed looking back over all I have missed lately. Very charming pieces here!

    ReplyDelete