Friday, August 21, 2009

Re-working the pages

I am nearing the end of my journal and it's fun to look back and turn pages from the beginning. While I enjoy most of them, there are several that I just couldn't stand... at all. There is no rule that you cannot change your journal pages, so that's what I did - took a paintbrush and added more paint. This lady had a kerchief on her head (or something that was supposed to look like it). It looked wrong... I added meaningless colors around her head and found the words that were expressing what she (I) is trying to say and now I'm much happier.


The second one is a total disaster! I can't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure that I was looking at someone else's work... don't remember whose. I'm sure that I admire the work of that artist, but my version simply doesn't look right (to me).  I was tempted to just gesso her over, but before that decided to express what I feel about her. That was enough. Now I can look at the page and smile - it shows  exactly what I feel.

Friday already? Weekend again? How wonderful!

2 comments:

  1. Your pages look great to me. Now I have gone back in my journal on two pages and gessoed over them, I kept looking at them and hated them. Once they were done, I was happy again. Reworking them would have worked for me, the whole concept I hated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too hard on yourself. I love these pages. You must be a perfectionist???? LOL.

    ReplyDelete