Friday, July 24, 2009

Find the magic

It's been two weeks since I attended the workshops, and I'm still in an "I want to paint constantly" mode. I keep thinking about the fast and intuitive way Katie Kendrick paints. I think she finally made me understand that its okay not to finish a painting exactly as I think it should be. They never turn out perfect, and probably never will. But there is always that next piece of paper, canvas, wood.... where the magic of creating can start again.
So that's what I'm doing. Realizing that there is something magical in the possibility to express yourself with brushes and paint and finding time to do it.
Magic is everywhere. Happy weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Nice! I particularly like the way the colors in the bird work. They blend and yet have freedom.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, glad to find your blogging again, your work is just so soulful and real...xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to see you're back....it's like my computer is smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magic is everywhere... especially in these gorgeous paintings Zorana. I am so happy that you are painting again!!!

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am getting so much pleasure visiting your blog and seeing so much new art Zorana! And these latest pieces are beautiful. Love the freedom in your paintings.
    And I agree that magic is everywhere.
    Dot xx

    ReplyDelete