Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hold on to your dreams

I love painting on textured surfaces. Golden's light molding paste is one of my favorites. That is what I used as a base for this big eyed girl and her two friends.
PaintIng on textured background
I used the words that have a special meaning to me.
I need to hear and see them now more than ever.
Hold on to your dreams and never let them go.

It doesn't show well on the photo, but I actually made a little pendant and sewed it to the canvas. It added even more dimension and texture.
Hold on to your dreams
The painting is on a 9"x12" canvas and is listed in my etsy shop.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely work as always!

    You may enjoy trying this since you enjoy the Golden's...I found it a while ago and have replaced my light molding paste.

    I use spackling paste from Home Depot! It's got the same texture as light molding paste and you can make it smoother if you mix it with some cheapy acrylic paint. You can get a whole tub of it for $5 versus what you spend on Golden's....

    Let me know if you end up trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this paste...I just made some papers with it...my favorite part is how a waterered down paint floats all over the surface giving such a variety of looks every time....

    THIS painting is spectacular...and I will NEVER let my dreams go.

    I am feeling better.......HOORAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is wonderful...you make the best eyes.
    I think I will try the Golden's soft molding paste...I am loving the texture that you and Sharon are using.
    I know how important it is for you to hold on to your dream right now...how are things going for you and your husband? Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love texture...i have one on my blog today as a matter of face...i use Golden's texture mediums created for the faux finishing world called Proceed...she is amazing...

    ReplyDelete