Thursday, February 26, 2009

Epoxy bird

Soooo, you hear me complaining about my work from time to time and I decided that it was time that I wrote something nice. Not only write, but show too. Look what I made at work:
Epoxy bird
A tiny baby bird! They were fixing one of the machines with something I never saw before, so I got a demonstration of the product. It is a "hand kneadable, steel-reinforced epoxy putty adhesive/sealant". Very cool stuff! On the website it says that it will be pliable for 30 minutes, but the little piece that I used to make this bird was almost completely hard after 3-4 minutes. Four minutes of complete bliss (for me) in an unusual place. I love how the bird feels.... it's heavy and metal like and very different from clay. I might even buy the epoxy putty to play some more. Fun!

11 comments:

  1. I love that you had a chance to make that bird. Its really nice. Is there a flock in your future.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, I will have to get some of this stuff. You may have started something. I think I like the idea that it set fast fast. That will push the creativity. Don't you think.
    I love love you birdie.
    Tell them you will need to make birds today too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bird is totally cool! thank you for sharing.
    I want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you made this bird while at your desk... who says work has to be boring? What did the tech say? I ould have snuck the tube back to my desk for future play time..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you clever, clever girl!! Look at your ingenuity and now you will make others (like me) want to try this product. That bird is adorable!!I love that it adheres to anything, impervious to water....dries so hard you can drill it. I bet my husband knows all about this stuff......he loves when I say "I need something from the hardware store!"
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. FANTASTIC! How creative. You're a true artist. Working with what's at hand!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another "art at the desk" member! Now that is usung your creative brain. We can make art out of anything.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, now I have to make a trip to the hardware store!! I love the little bird you made, and the product sounds like it would be so useful and fun in an art studio.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely little bird. How very creative. Sounds like a wonderful product.
    I use Apoxie Sculpt for a lot of projects...even made a doll from it.
    You might want to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am having Tiny Bird Envy. That bird is delightful!

    Thanks for the sweet email, I enjoyed every lovely word!

    And what a colorful place this is to visit! Now I have a new art-filled gorgeous blog to read. Your creativity is inspiring. And I like the painting of you, the upside-down eyes are captivating :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi.....just found your blog and am in love with the bird!
    I now need to whizz out to the local DIY shop and see if I can find some of this over here in England.....I want to make little things to use in the jewellery i'm making.
    Can't wait...........

    ReplyDelete