Saturday, February 7, 2009

An Angel of Spring

267
-available on etsy-
Thank you for all the encouraging comments. As soon as I finish this post I will jump on the treadmill and continue my quest... The next week will be better. And just in case - I painted an angel to help. She is an Angel of Spring. Not something that we really need here in California. I think I had a jacked on maybe only two days this winter and my roses are still blooming.
I think that this might be my biggest painting yet. She is painted on a 12"x24" art board. I'm not sure that the photo shows it well, but I was very happy with the play of very matte, crackled wings, the gold-leaf halo, dark background and bright flowers. I might try to take another photo in the sun tomorrow. I'll trade you some of our sun for your snow...

6 comments:

  1. It all showes very successuful. The texture and crackel and gold and all is very very beautiful.

    And I forgot to tell you how much I like the heavy texture on Set Yourself Free below. Beautiful. You have a way with texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful and serene. I love your faces, especially the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the eyes are amazing, the whole piece is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing, and good luck on your treadmill!

    ReplyDelete
  4. she's just beautiful! i swear i can smell the roses and hyacinths :o)
    hope this week is going better, dear friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this spring piece Zorana!!!

    ReplyDelete