Thursday, December 18, 2008

A sketch

I often sketch on random pieces of paper in various places trying to capture how I'm feeling. Not like a real self-portrait (I don't know to do that), more like the emotion I feel and can't get rid of. Somehow I can breathe easier when I get it on paper. Sometimes I incorporate the sketch on my journal pages, but today I didn't have time for it. Maybe tomorrow. I know that tomorrow I'll feel much better. At least I won't be scared in the afternoon. The dreaded dentist visit (root canal and something else) is tomorrow morning. I have whined about it to my blogging friends on several continents and I know that we will all be happy when it's over.
Swirly Girl wrote a blog post to which I related today, so I used some of the words on my sketch. BTW - she has giveaways every day on her blog...
Eight more days.... or is it seven? One little week before my Christmas surprise appears...

5 comments:

  1. I love your sketch, I think she looks sad-beautiful but sad-thank you, I didn't feel like drawing today, but you made me want to pick up my pencil and just sketch something:)
    hope you have a good evening (what is left of it)
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... this is beautiful and seems to say so much to me, I know just how she/you feel! I rather give birth to twins than go to the dentist. Good luck to you, I hope it proves to be a smooth procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to know your Christmas secret.......
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. She has such a wistful, sad look about her. Don't be afraid of the dentist. Hopefully by the time you read this it will all be over.

    I haven't been around Blogland much lately but after the holidays I'll have more time. See you then.

    ReplyDelete