Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Special

I made this "Special" ATC card for a very special lady that has been patiently waiting for a package from me for over a year. I am horrible... I really am. No excuse for letting that much time go by. It doesn't show well on the photo, but I thought I might mention it - look at the heart. I used Tim Holtz's new distress stickles. It's glitter, but not a glittery kind of glitter (!?!), more like old German glass kind of thing. I like it a lot.
I had to pack the ATC in something, so I painted a box (as usually inspired by the oh-so-creative Sharon).
The lady in the Post Office loved the box and asked me where did I buy it (!!!!). That was a cool compliment. Here are photos of the other sides. It was so much fun to make. I played with stencils and masks, spray paint, acrylic, glitter, stamps... Very relaxing. I hope she'll like it.
Thank you for all the birthday wishes! If you want to be a part of the giveaway just add a comment to the previous post. I will close commenting on Sunday (11/30) and pick a winner.

8 comments:

  1. Wow..you really outdid yourself on this package...beautiful..and the ATC is excellent too! I bet every person who touches that box on its journey will notice the magic.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your box is incredibly beautiful. The recipient is bound to be pleased. Mail Art is so much fun to do...

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - My - Goodness!! I couldn't resist peeking after your email :)

    And can't believe that you painted a box for little ole' me! (I'm not that special but are happy you think I am). You are such a sweetheart and soooo talented (and generous). I will treasure this box for ever. So much magic from your talented soul.

    LOVE the ATC (and the glittery heart)...

    Can't wait to hold this in my hands - my neighbours and postal worker are going to suffer from ' parcel envy'.

    I never felt you owed me a package dear friend. But know I will leap for joy - and probably do the Dotee dance - when this comes my way.

    Thankyou , thankyou, thankyou!

    I love you dearly.

    Dot xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. special indeed and worth the wait...wishing you a blessed and happy thanksgiving...hugs, rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see you have the new Tim Holtz masks too. Aren't they so much fun!I got some Stickles but have not used them yet.
    I love this box...the box alone is worth waiting a year for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How could anyone receive that box and not jump for joy! Not only is the art OH SO BEAUTIFUL but the box a treasure in itself! Dot has such a big heart......she will definitely treasure this!
    XOXO
    p.s. now I must locate some of that glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure Dot was doing the Dotee Dance when she saw your pictures!!! The box is DIVINE and I adore that little ATC with the glittery heart. Definately need to check out the Tim Holtz Distress Stickles.
    Love your canvases too...the birdie one with the time pieces is stunning (they all are, but thats my fave).
    Great to see your wonderful art.

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. dotee is one lucky gal! the box is gorgeous and the ATC...just stunning. the face is beautiful!
    ~kim

    ReplyDelete