Friday, October 31, 2008

Family = love

I lived without computer and internet for almost three weeks! That has to be a record! I had a happy reason. My parents were visiting and I wanted to enjoy every free moment that I had. Some of you may remember that my Mom was a 'broken ballerina' and that I travelled home to Europe last year to help her after her surgery. I was so happy to see her back in full force and I couldn't get enough of her smile and kisses. As you can see there were tons of hugs and kisses going on. Happy times.
No one can visit me and not try a green smoothie. I admit that I torture people with them. Some of them accept it with a smile and dignity. Others (my Dad) not so much.
When I returned from work one day I was thrilled to see that my Mom painted on my big canvas. The one that I said I will paint whatever feels right and just be "loose and free" and never touched it after that... This is what she painted:
The words mean that love & pain. It sounds a bit different in our language, but the message is universal - our hearts feel love and hurt and very often it's both at the same time.
I wanted to show my painting, but don't have time for it now. It will wait for the next post.

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing treasure! Too have your parents visit...AND to have your mom paint on your canvas! Lovely..

    Happy Halloween...miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like your mom....both beautiful. How nice that you had all that time with your family. Computers will always be here but families have to leave so it's good that you didn't spend a lot of time here.

    The heart on your painting is such a wonderful little piece of art for you to enjoy long after your mom has gone home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a beautiful post Zorana. I loved looking at all of the photo's and seeing your mum looking SO well. And giggled at the green smoothie pics. Your dad looks like he is not to sure about it( but least he only had a small glass he heh).

    You can see the love between your family. It shines from your faces.

    And how beautiful that your mum painted on your big canvas. And such moving words too.

    Love you

    Dot xx

    ReplyDelete