Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Time to play....

I wanted to do my homework and practice drawing eyes SuziBlu style... I really did... but things quickly changed. First I made the most ridiculously sad face:
Then this alien looking creature:
Then Hana wanted to show me that the face should be rounder... and messed up an eye (which she fixed with an eye-patch):
Things got out of control. It helped that I received a perfect play-notebook from a dear friend:
And that I bought new color pencils today (after promising to myself that I will not buy any art supplies for a thousand years):
I had fun and just made crazy shapes, trying to use all colors available.
Did I mention that I love SuziBlu's class? Her videos are fun and informative and her pdf's are so good that I would love to have them printed as a book. She inspires creativity and fun and playfulness and I think that's exactly what I need now. Not to take myself seriously (and think about - why do I have a studio and what am I supposed to do now... be a 'real' artist or something). I felt like a 5 year old and I hope to repeat it soon.
Colorful kisses xoxoxoxoxo!

7 comments:

  1. Gosh it's interesting to see other in this process besides myself! I love your style as it is! I love Suzies too! Both wonderful and both unique.

    Love the happy accident with the eye patch...very sweet!

    The so called alien looks more in wonder. Much exudes your faces. Embrace that! I love your adorable art!

    I really enjoy watching Suzies you tubes, for sure she should have a book deal! Or sell her Pdfs online!
    Thanks for sharing your inner child!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you told us this story!

    (HAR! for Hana)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the pixie in the middle - i just love stripy tights :o)
    so glad you got the sketch book safely :o) if you've got paper and coloured pencils, life is grand!! keep playing, dear friend, the world needs more colour :o) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't signed up for this class, I don't know...something is holding me back. Do I have a muse? I'm glad you are having fun with it. Cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the 'ridiculously sad' one... beautiful work. But I must say I love your one on your banner more. You have amazing style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Zorana,
    I am taking Suzi's class now, too- thanks for telling me about it! It came at just the right time for me, and the creative inspiration has already rubbed off in other ways.
    My son turned 14 today, so I'm feeling the "growing up too fast blues" as well....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having fun, playing, feeling like a 5 year old -- that's so inspirtational. That's what creating art should be all about!

    ReplyDelete