Friday, August 8, 2008

My first one

I whined to a friend on Friday about the stuff I need to do, that I don't feel like doing... how I'd like to paint but don't even know where my journal is... A sage answer soon appeared in my inbox: "Get the bills paid and find your journal. Friday evenings are a free night." I never knew that Friday evenings are a free night.... but when she wrote that it made sense. So I went hunting in the garage, opening the boxes, bags and stuff. I found my journal, watersoluble crayons, a half working marker and gesso. I couldn't find my brushes.... Then two appered - one the smallest of small liner brushes and one that I used to cover canvases with beeswax (all stiff with wax). Both seemed unusable, but they were all I had and I had to color, so I made them work. And so the first journal page in our new place came to life. :-)

5 comments:

  1. Another great page. I really like the pinkish purple shades... and your trademark bird with crown. I am still in search of my journal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee, yea! You found it. And you did the "make it work" thing. So happy for you. So cool to have my new laptop sitting right here so I could just pick it up and turn it around and around to read what you wrote on your world. You are "lucky" and loved.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you couldn't be without an art fix for very long! And look what you created with just a few things!! She is beautiful and I love the colors. I hope you have lots more free Friday nights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely piece, and what an inspiration to me, that I don't need to have all the perfect supplies in order to make art!

    I'm signed up for SuziBlu's class, too. I look forward to seeing you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog and your work is so wonderful! I will be back to browse through some more:)

    ReplyDelete