Monday, June 2, 2008

It's only paint...

Another makeover... Click here if you want to see the girl I changed. Since she already had a musical dress I made her hair using pages from an old French book. The bird decided to land on her shoulder, and the message moved from her cheek to a different place.
It's so nice that we can change what we paint... If I decide I don't like her - she will have another transformation and maybe become completely different. There is no need to be afraid of a blank page or canvas. It's only paint...

3 comments:

  1. You have an amazing knack for adding paper that looks like it could be hair!! Very strong piece and such intense eyes. Bella!1

    xo Rella

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them both. I think I favor the first one, but both are great. And I love the saying. I actually changed a painting I recently had commissioned. There was something in it I didn't care for and I took it out.
    suze:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It's only paint" is something that is learned...you are so great at these make-overs! I remember throwing out (gasp) a few projects in the beginning. I came around though.

    ReplyDelete