Thursday, June 5, 2008

I have a new journal!

A journal fairy read that I'm without one and sent me a very special package. I love the format (8.5"x6") and can't wait to see how the handmade watercolor paper will behave when I 'attack' it. There are deckle edges on all sides... simply beautiful!
I started with the inside front cover (I like to have my name & address there so that in case I lose it - it can come back to me). I used bits and pieces from the envelope it was packed in (I 'recycled' my name, the cat's head is cut from a decorative tape (love the tape!), the body is created by a tiny artist). There are also pieces from an envelope filled with wishes that another friend sent... all very meaningful to me. Thank you ladies! I can't wait to start filling the white pages with layers of color... and can't help but wonder how will my life change in the following months and what will be recorded in these pages.

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty, love the texture and the color!

    Peace Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice of her to send you a journal. And what a wonderful beginning it already has. I love the kitty, and how you've used pieces of envelopes and other things to create this page. I,m sure this journal will be filled with happiness and love....that's what I see in the months ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Zorana, Zorana. . . such enchanting images. This is my first visit here. I sat in a leather club chair at Borders Books last night, my eyes wide, drinking in the Artful Blogging issue. I had no idea. My medium is collage jewelry, but I just wanted to express my warm appreciation for your lush, evocative style. . . and also want to let you know I empathize with the unfortunate intrusion of a fulltime job. Creative time is currently a luxury for me. . . so frustrating. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it and can't wait to watch it grow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to come back tonight and look again. The other day when my internet was off again on again, I looked is such a hurry I didn't see the flowers. I recognize them. You know that I love that you put my special wishes for you out there. I think that means they will come true now.
    xo

    ReplyDelete