Friday, March 14, 2008

Sweet dreams...

Very soon my eyes will be closed and I hope I'll be dreaming sweet things. Before that I wanted to share something with you. I found a link for free books about drawing. Click here if you are interested. I didn't have much time to explore them, but I did manage to download a 197 pages long book. I didn't read anything, just looked at pictures..... which is a huge mistake because my first try at drawing (coloring) a woman looking up turned out as a disaster. Instead of wasting the paper and being discouraged I continued to draw other poses and came up with this:
Feel free to laugh at it. I know it's not good. I don't mind... I hope to make more bad art in the future, to step out of my comfort zone and experiment and try and just allow whatever wants to come from the end of my pencil/brush/crayon.
I hope that you're having sweet dreams and plans for a beautiful weekend! xoxoxo

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I love how you kept going with this. It is beautiful. I see different ages which has to do with where the placement of the features of the face are. Was that in this great book you found? I haven't looked at it yet.
    I had sweet dreams on the couch last night. But I'm up early just painting away.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laugh! I think not. It's good that you kept going with this and didn't just toss it aside because now you have an interesting study of faces.

    And thank you for that link! I'm sure I'll be downloading a couple of those! Just hope my computer has enough space!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to go out of ones comfort zone...especially when you come up with a lovely piece like yours. I love the face looking down and the young child.
    Are these pastels that you are using...the texture is lovely...I use pastels for shading on my new paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I happen to think its kind of cool...very expressive. Link sounds good, will have to check it out. HAPPY SUNDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have missed so much ...you have been up to great things...love the explorations and the book resource...thanks...hugs and happy st. paddy's day...rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. These drawings are great! Give yourself some credit girl....you have talent!
    suze:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand about the need to do a bit of art each day to feel good!
    Just keep doing the girls faces...I think they are fine! (Fun too!)

    ReplyDelete