Saturday, March 1, 2008

Happy March!

I have the best dh in the world. Many reasons for it... but I'll keep the list simple. First we went for a long, relaxing walk this morning. He took beautiful macro photographs of flowers commenting that beauty is all around us. It's hard to disagree when you look at the mosaic I made from the photos.
Then he planned a wonderful day for the two of us. Two weeks ago a mentioned that there is an exhibition that I wish I could see (I saw it on a blog). He didn't mind driving hour and a half to Santa Rosa to see the exhibition with me. We walked around, sat and soaked the afternoon sun, had a late lunch/early dinner in Bodega Bay and completely enjoyed our time together. After 20+ years he still knows exactly what I need and when. Have to adore the man!
Look how big is this painting! The drawings were contributed by hundreds of people, and the girl was painted over them. I think the artist is Tony Speirs. I wanted to stay a long time and look at every single drawing. You can see the detail if you click on the following photo:
Isn't this a beautiful way to start the month! I wish weekends would last longer...

13 comments:

  1. Soooo friggen cool! Both you and tony can paint on my walls hee hee Between this and your lovely faces and roses I'd be a happy camper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First let me say how wonderful your collage of flowers is...you found this on your walk?...wow!!! I have to go and live in a warmer climate...not that we get much snow here...but it does get cold...around freezing.
    Now a double WOW!!! for the exhibit...I love the face and all the drawing underneath...what a great idea. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say you have a pretty nice hubby. Beautiful flower photos and an art exhibition all in one day! That art....WOW!!! That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Man is one DH! How sweet of him to do all these things for your enjoyment. You know I love the flowers.
    The painting is fabulous. I would need a chair to sit down and just study it. I like how the black & white runs across the nose so stragicly and do you think the birds is reference to "The Birds"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos, sounds like a wonderful walk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful weekend!! and DH! I can't wait for our flowers to start popping up. Yours are beautiful. And that painting! It's awesome beyond words.
    Glad you had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool wall mural... Found you by way of Lost Luggage...
    By the way... your journal pages were amazing... loved the round faces on the musical pyramids...
    thanks for sharing your work, gwen in New Brunswick canada

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like your DH is a wonderful friend and companion and that you both had lovely day enjoying each others company.
    The flower mosaic is beautiful!!! Spring is definately in the air...
    AMAZING that mural by Tony Spiers. Thanks so much for the close up too, shows the depth of this piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the perfect weekend! I have a DH like yours......spending time together is his only want...so it can be anywhere. Many times he knows what would make my heart pound and we go there. But truly it's the act of partnership that creates the perfect day. Aren't we lucky?
    Those photos are beautiful and that painting........OMG...where is that exhibition???
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing! Would love to see this. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow...now that is cool and so is your sweet husband!

    your journal pages are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful photo's Zorana! The flower mosiac is stunning. So pleased you have such a wonderful life partner. He sounds like such a wonderful man!

    ReplyDelete