Friday, February 29, 2008

Many faces

I love Friday afternoons! It's the time to relax and have fun. I opened my journal and looked for inspiration on the LostLuggage blog. Julie just finished her art journal tutorial, and I decided to follow her directions and see what I come up with. Here is the page with random papers glued on. I knew from the start that I wanted the cute babies to peek through layers of paint.
Next came paint layers. Why I chose magenta and burnt sienna - I don't know . Doesn't it look like a mess?Dry brushed white paint toned it down a little...
Walnut ink gave it warmth... I use stencils often, but never used spray paint with them. What a difference! I clean, crisp look over the messy paint. I love it! I have added some gold webbing spray too. And instead of scalloped border - a border of cut triangles.This is the moment when Norah's sisters (a very simplified version) decided to visit. I printed little faces from my other pages and used a little circle punch.
Some pencil scribblings, borrowed words and I call it finished.
Julie gave me this award, for which I'm thankful and I return it right back to her. Pick any blog from my right side - they are all excellent. I'll add another favorite, super-excellent blog that I don't have on my side bar (and I really should put it there) - The Sunny Raw Kitchen. If you ever think of raw vegan food as boring carrots and celery sticks - this blog will change your opinion. Pure healthy food art.
Have a happy weekend!

12 comments:

  1. This is just great! I love your work, and this is just as beautiful as I've come to expect from you. Now I'm all jazzed to follow Julie's instructions. Just have to find the time, as I have a busy few days ahead of me. Thanks again for the links to Julie's tutorials. She's a great person, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ZORANA!!! I LOVE YOUR PAGES!! I don't know how you do it...every time..you certainly don't need a tutorial from me..the colors are awesome and the faces- perfect!! Thank thank thank thank YOU!! I can't believe the depth you created here...with my instructions too, you follow them better than I do! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW your pages are awesome! I love the faces and the colors! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page! You deserve this award.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful Zorana - I hope this books stays open!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is fantastic!!! I love Julie's tutorials and your page turned out incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed seeing it happen right before my eyes. Your layers are wonderful and your "sister" page is perfect. When you see them all in a row you realize how much the look like sisters or as you say, "...each person has several".

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm truly enjoying visiting your blog this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute babies.... gorgeous journal page. Your journal pages are always inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun to see the progress! I really, really enjoyed this. Beautiful work as ALWAYS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. As I sit here eating boring carrots, I remember that I hadn't checked out this link.
    I'm off to do it.

    ReplyDelete