Monday, February 18, 2008

Sketching faces

I decided to bring back art to my everyday life and I plan to share whatever I make. I don't have any expectations... I just want to relax with my art toys (instead of chocolate).
My 'creation' of the day are these sketches. I was waiting for Hana at the hairdresser and pulled out the moleskin from my bag. I always have it with me. That way I know that I can't be bored - ever. There is always something to write or draw. Today I first wrote two pages of random thoughts, cleared my mind and then sketched some faces from the hair magazines. Not very good, but they may find a place in my journal one of these days.

6 comments:

  1. Not very good?? What are you talking about? They're great! You draw really great faces....all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so hard on ourselves...I think they are great and well worth working with.
    I think your idea of creating art every day is wonderful...keeps one in practice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the faces you draw/paint/sketch ~ always have. I see expressions, and hear thoughts coming from them. I agree with mo'a about being hard on ourselves. Guess that's why I have a wooden box on my desk next to me with decorative metal trim, and ornate metal handle on top, which serves as a stage/platform for the rubber stamp I keep there that says: "Silence Your inner Critic". And BTW, I also like their Z-sketched hair. Art Every Day...yes! Here it comes again - thank you, Z.! ~~ L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i loved my face a day last year...so take your time and have fun with your daily art...hugs, rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. z...don't click on the thing from john...it is a virus...rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love that coy look over her shoulder...bottom left

    ReplyDelete