Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Portals of Discovery

School year started!!! My girl is 7th grade and I think that her age shows well on this photo. She posed nicely for two pictures and then got tired of me snapping the camera. I love the annoyed look on her teenage face! It is so funny... Don't worry - she doesn't walk around like this all the time. Her face lit up with an excited smile as soon as I put away the camera and allowed her to chat about all the things she expects from this school year.

As for me.... I was left in an empty, silent home with my messy desk (and surroundings). I decided to challenge myself... I plan to use all the bits and pieces I have floating around and create things daily. I also plan to list something every day on eBay for the next 30 days. I'll see if I can breath back life into my eBay store or close it. I started with this ACEO. It is as giving myself a permission to make mistakes and making the creating/cleaning process more fun.

4 comments:

  1. She is soo adorable with her little pout!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So typical of those teen years! But I see a beautiful face behind that annoyed look.

    Good for you to set yourself a challenge and get back in the swing of things. I need to do that very thing myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a seventh grade girl, myself, though it's the fourteen year old boy that gives me more guff right now...

    Have you had much success selling on Ebay? I've never been able to figure out how I would really make it work (as opposed to Etsy) and would love to hear your strategies, if you ever have time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shot of your daughter with her teenage pout.

    Good luck with selling on Ebay! You know how much I love your work..

    ReplyDelete