Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Little Wing

I was very brave today!
I painted over a framed reproduction that's been hiding under my table for more than a year. This is my biggest painting ever! 14.5" x 18"!!! I didn't even add any words... (but I may change my mind later). It was very interesting to paint in a format that I'm not used to. It is easier to do details so big, but at the same times the mistakes are also big and show much more than on a small format. I'll try not to look at it too critically right now... so I'll close my post with a wave from the 'little wing' (in reality - the biggest wing I ever painted).
xo

8 comments:

  1. HI Zorana..She is beautiful! I so admire your gift with painting! I still head to a blank large canvas with quite a bit of trepidation! Wanted to let you know I picked you as a Rocking Girl Blogger on my blog! So you have been tagged.
    Creative Blessings
    Lani

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Zorana, it REALLY is!
    I am always staring at a blank canvas in hopes to do a face I like....mine(the ones I've painted or drawn) always look constipated or something. lol!
    I have a canvas right now I want to do...but it's still blank - and the look on my face is blank too. heehee
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty!

    I have been taking a lot of pictures of birds here lately. I think that you did very well!

    To wings that will set you free!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She really is beautiful. Her skin tones are so pretty and I anxious to know how you did that. Ant the little win is too cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Z! Did YOU take the pic of the BEFORE??? This is very SWEET though! That birdie winged its way right into my heart and that gal has doe eyes and beauty full lips!!! She reminds me of YOU!!! TWEET! TWEET!!!=XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful painting...now expanding your wings...while you try to get larger..i try to get smaller...and they are both the same size...all relative...blessings, rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness - your blog -
    is beautiful - i am sooo
    happy i found you -

    these paintings are so
    dreamlike and gorgeous -
    that little bird with the crown
    make my heart soar -
    do you sell your work?

    ...

    ReplyDelete