Sunday, August 12, 2007

Just the two of us...

What a weekend! My dh and I spent the last two days soaking in the beautiful views of Mendocino and Sonoma counties. I can't help but share some of the pictures. The ocean, hills, rivers, lakes, forests, vineyards.... it is all breathtaking.
There was an unexpected bonus - kids (12&20) decided to tidy up everything (even my art desk is organized) and cook us a meal (well, not for me... I'm still on the raw food journey). They were happy we enjoyed our time alone.
I think I'll keep smiling all week. Hope you'll have a smiling week too!

9 comments:

  1. How nice that you got away for the weekend but even nicer that your kids tidied up and cooked!!

    Mendocino is so beautiful....a perfect place to relax and enjoy a few days with your honey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help thinking I know the lady you have painted on your banner. Second from left.
    But that can't be, so it must be someone just like her. An actress, perhaps? How bizarre.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad that you got some alone time with your hubby...refreshed and relaxed are you...blessings, rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it SWEET to get away with hubby alone??!!!I LOVE road trips!!! We are still smiling from our get-away! It's like a BIG breath of FRESH air!!! whoooooooooooooshhhhhhh!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. want to trade places for awhile??? My god, where you live is just beautiful! Sounds like a wonderful weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It feels wonderful to get a way! I am so happy for you and dh. I need to get a way with mine...

    I love how you did your group of pictures.. that is really cool! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great pictures!! I love them all..they look like post cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a blissful time together with your dh. And how nice that the kids tidied up and cooked too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you Zorana....getting away like that is always a good boost for both of you!
    It's funny because we have been talking about a weekend to Mendocino in the near future..even though we don't have kids getting away from the "every day" is still essential!
    So happy you enjoyed it!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete