Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Where There's A Will There's A Way

My dear Mom had a bad fall two weeks ago. She broke her arm and hurt the other arm, legs etc. Her bone didn't break horizontally, like regular bones... it split vertically, making it even worse. Half of her body is in cast. She can move only three fingers on her other hand... Needless to say it is making me sick to think that she is suffering and there's nothing I can do to help her.
To make me feel better, she emailed me two photos. Using what she can (the three fingers on her non-dominant hand) she managed to draw! We talked today and she laughed and said that it was funny how the paper moved under her pencil and she couldn't keep it in place, so she was chasing it over the table.
I'm posting this in hope that it will inspire someone who has different excuses for not creating to find the time and create something.... anything. Where There's A Will There's A Way. It will make you feel better.
Healing thoughts for my Mom are appreciated..
xo

7 comments:

  1. Your Mom is Beautiful and amazing. I've never seen such a cast and what a spirit she has. Maybe tonight, I shall try my non-dominant hand. I wish her well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am sending warm healing thoughts to your beautiful, spirited mother...how wonderous the drawing...blessings, rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing woman....she took the lemons and made it lemonade. What a great example of indomitable spirit!
    Definitely sending her major healing thoughts!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom is in my prayers sweet Z!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. Your mom is amazing.

    I am sending healing thoughts, and I will pray for her... and you.

    I can see where you get your talent from! Wow!
    Point taken!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear your mom broke her arm but it doesn't seem to slow her down! The drawings are amazing! I'll send her some healing thoughts. And maybe, just maybe, I'll get out my pencils and draw something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes! Hope mom is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete