Friday, July 27, 2007

Live and learn...

Learn from my mistake. I painted (drew?) the colorful lady (with the very green forehead) using Rembrandt Soft Pastels. As she is pretty dark and had a lot of pigment I wanted to protect it and sprayed it with Fixative. I read that it can change the color, but I didn't expect the results... It killed the colors completely!!!!! I'm so happy I scanned her before spraying. I know that it's not a master piece and I'm not upset, but look at the difference:
Well, now that I look at them together... maybe she's better toned down. Next time I'll know what to expect...

5 comments:

  1. She is beautiful no matter what!! And I love your new banner with all the lovely ladies. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW- thanks for sharing this...what a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, let me say I still like it. I still like it a lot. A whole lot. It is very pretty. Now let me say that it is because you are an ARTIST that you were willing to do it not matter what the can said. You had your inner critic quited and knew that all learning expeiences are good. Now I think there will be more to learn from this. What I love about you is that you keep trying new stuff....you just do it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew! There is a difference! I wonder what YOU could use instead or just leave it alone? What did the Masters do? What did they use??!!! LOL I think I like the brighter version better...Yeah, your banner is COOL! Happy Week-end Busy Girly Z!(((((Zorana)))))ps.(Thanks! for coming over and cheering me up! I really appreciate YOU! xo)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like them both... I have been looking at them for a while now, comparing the two.

    ReplyDelete