Thursday, June 7, 2007

She felt rested and happy

This journal page is a result of having fun with my new Golden paints in the middle of the night. I wanted to try them out, so I painted layers over layers, then picked one of the birds that chose to live on my desk, drew a face on the right side with a white marker, hated the way it looked so I changed it, found the fish in an Anthropologie catalog, words in a favorite 'phrase finding book'... At the end I was rested and happy - just as the words say. Tomorrow I get to go to Michael de Meng's workshop and I'm very nervous about it (and looking forward to it).

10 comments:

  1. Oh for heavens sake! This is so wonderful. The colors, your lady, it is all perfect. Stunning!
    New Goldens! Don't you just love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can just feel relaxed looking at her. Her emotion touches you..

    Beautiful colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Maybe I should get up in the middle of the night! This page is just incredible! I love everything about it. Your artwork is just amazing and getting better every time I come here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beauty Full! Michael's class? WOWieeeEEE! Z! Will YOU teach me then???!!! LOL xoCinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really great!!! Sleep is over rated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, what a lot of talent you are taking into your workshop. I am a big fan of deMeng - and loved Michaels class. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous as usual! Would love to hear how Michael's class was! I want to take his hot wheels class!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, THIS is what you produce in the middle of the night? Holy Smokes...it's perfection!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness this is wonderful!!! I love everything about it!!! Aren't Golden paints just fabulous???

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is so very, very lovely. And to think it came about when you could not sleep. good that you listened to your muse because this is one fabulous piece of artwork.
    Rella

    ReplyDelete