Thursday, June 28, 2007

My painting buddy

How do you like my painting buddy?
Only cats can jump in your lap when they feel like it... He plopped himself over my hand (the one that is holding the tray) and didn't mind a bit that I had to practice some acrobatic movements to get the paint on the brush and on the tray. Funny cat! He is lucky that his gray fur didn't turn into pink...In case you're wondering what was I painting... my MIL asked if I could paint roses on something that she can display and show to her friends. I was more than happy to. The only difficult thing was to refrain from covering half of the roses with paint, adding bits of collage and pretty much making a decent mixed media piece from it...

7 comments:

  1. Wow, these are sooo different from the style I am used to seeing from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ! Don't forget my lesson ! I need it...and soon. Time to switch my frame of mind and get some things painted up... Miss you ! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Daisy Cat does the same thing...she could care less what I am doing if she decides it's time to sit on my lap. Even so far as to lay atop both hands as i am trying to type on the laptop.

    The roses are gorgeous - is there NO end to your talent???

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very different from your usual art but beautiful still.

    Kitties are like that. They want what they want when they want it! Mine are the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute picture!! What a pretty kitty... and very cuddly, I'm sure. YOU KNOW I love your roses... they are so pretty... you seem to just paint them with great ease.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's cute Zo!...and I love the tray! What beautiful roses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! this is wonderful! I love the green you chose to go with the pink. Refreshing!

    Pretty kitty too! BIG kitty!

    ReplyDelete