Saturday, February 3, 2007

ZNE theme week "Love"

I guess I have some kind of disorder (the type that most mixed media artists have) - I can't do one thing more than a day or two... Paper, fabric, clay.... what's next? Jewelry, of course! I signed up for a basic wire wrapping class today and made these earrings and necklace! The necklace is for Hana, it turned out too delicate for me (but I'm modeling it here anyway) and the earrings are just my size!

Thank you for the wonderful comments and emails about my little bird friends (and the new banner). I will start selling the birds soon, probably on etsy. Right now - I can't say good bye to them just yet... Maybe it will be easier if I make more.
After a long while, I entered two cards for ZNE theme week. The theme this month is "Love". I just couldn't skip that, because I don't take love for granted and give thanks every day that I am surrounded by so much love and have the opportunity to love. So, my little cards are here and if you want to see more mixed media art with the same theme, please click here.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE these too - I love bird images, these are SO lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. forgot to mention I like the jewelry and know what you mean...I want to TRY everything but in wanting that not much seems to get done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zorana, I love the jewelry you created at your class. I used your tips for soldering. It went alot smoother with the clipy things. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your neck looks lovely Zo!!! Like a regal swans!!!!Those earrings look divine! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luv your love birds.
    I used to (when i had cable) love watching the old black & white Judy Garland Show. When Liza Minelli was a guest, they sang:

    The best is yet to come
    and gee, won't it be fine
    you think you've seen the sun
    but you ain't seen it shine

    (and that's all i can remember)
    :0]

    ReplyDelete