Thursday, February 1, 2007

Semi-transparent ACEO, mail, links...

Listen to your heART. I did. I layered several transparencies, added inks and stamps, a bit of heat and as a result I have this interesting semi-transparent card. This is probably the thinnest ACEO I ever made, but also one of the most unusual. It is a happy mail day! I received a fun envelope from Crystal, with a lovely, tiny square. I am looking at the yin-yang symbol and thinking about balance and how I need to find it. And I'm ashamed to say that I didn't yet send my square to Crystal... but I will. Today :-) I promise.
I also received an envelope from Canada. As much as I tried to get a good picture - I couldn't. These are the first squares Lissa ever made and they are incredible. I'm not even sure what the base is.... it could be a piece of wood. They are dimensional, glittery and beautiful.
And I was so surprised to see the back. It has a decorative metal 'something'. They look like cuff buttons that my father used to wear. Thank you Lise! I love them!
If anyone wants to swap 1" squares with me please click *here* and you will see what is left from my first batch.
I would like to share two links... Many people know and use them, but I am a bit slow and just recently found about them and got hooked. First is Pandora.com. My son turned me to them - it is like your personalized web radio station. It is very easy (and free) to sign up, and then you get to choose what kind of music you like, dislike... and soon you discover a song that you never heard before but really like.
I don't know how I would live without the second website. Do you use Bloglines? Or do you go through your blog-links 5 times a day to see who has a new post? That's what I used to do. Now - I can follow many more blogs and actually have a life too! Imagine having a list of your favorite blogs all organized in one place and a little red star blinking whenever there is a new post. Try it! You'll be hooked!

3 comments:

  1. Fun mail goodies! I couldnt see your aceo and will try to come back to see if it appears later for me to see. I got mail yesterday! And ohhhhhh my goodness Zorana! Those images are so so so yummy! Thank you so very much darlin! I am sure yours will be a bit late...my sweet dh slip the package into his workback and totally forgot the postoffice LOL So sorry! He got it in the mail earlier this week so you should have it very soon! Thank you again for swap play with me!
    Nance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, you just made my life so much easier! Thanks for the bloglines tip.
    Your ACEO is very nice! Great little squares from your friend too.
    Wanted to let you know, I'm giving away heART. My drawing is next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ACEO. That's a great idea of using transparencies in layers.
    And for a first timer those little squares you received are beautiful!

    I have used bloglines for quite some time and love it. I now have over 100 (GASP!) feeds!!!

    ReplyDelete