Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Dotee's dolls

A little sweetness for a rainy day.
I was excited when I saw that Dotee generously posted a tutorial for her sweet healing dolls. She says:
"I figure if you are having fun when you are making them and put love into them you will create something beautiful. It is very hard to be depressed when you hold one of these in your hand!"
And I think that it is very true.
I couldn't think of anything else (like feeding the children) before I made a little healing doll. I know nothing about embroidery and hand-sewing, but I still managed to make her and even though she's not perfect - I am smiling and feeling happy and calm. I hope you visit Dotee's blog and try making a doll.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Zorana I am beaming from ear to ear(and smiling deep inside my heart)after reading your post.

    Am so touched that you quoted my blog too(I do feel special).

    I LOVE your little art doll! She is ADORABLE! I love her hair, and she is so vibrant and colorful(just like you I suspect).

    And I am so pleased you visited my blog and my tutorial was useful.

    You have done a brilliant job. And I can't believe you know nothing about embroidery or hand sewing!

    You know I started my blog last June as a way of sharing my art and my thoughts and it has ended up being so much more.

    I was thinking this morning that these little art dollies , and people's reactions to them has been so unexpected. And has brought so much joy into my life.

    Spreading joy through such small, bright works of art sits so well on my heart. I hope I see them everywhere!

    You have made my day.

    Dotee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zorana you did a beautiful job! Isn't Dotee the best? Not only does she make and send out these wee treasures now she is helping others to make them. She is the treasure.
    I really love all the details you used and for someone who says they don't hand sew or embroider...well you could have fooled me.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kewl idea!...thanks for sharing ZO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering how I was going to do a face on my art dolls, I might try this!!!! Cool! Yours and Dotee's dolls are SWEET! xo, CInda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dotee is the absolute BEST! Your little art doll is just beautiful. I love the little roses and her hair is fantastic! I think you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zorana... You have a natural art of making the Dotee dolls! I plan to make one today! Isn't dotee the greatest! I love all your other work also...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable little doll, Zorana! Thx for the all the wonderful ideas you share and link to Dotee, too. What fun.
    Carol
    http://terranovadesign.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete