Saturday, February 24, 2007

Be amazed by small things...

Sometimes we just need to be amazed by the small things.
Just what I needed to hear today. Art is therapy. Not only did it feel good to make this little collage, but I had also some 'aromatherapy' because I used beeswax to finish it. I love the smell of beeswax. I also love to touch it, to watch it drip on a piece, to see how different papers become translucent in different ways, to see the slightly muted colors... I guess I love everything about it. That's why I couldn't stop. I found a canvas that I didn't like and just started beeswaxing different things to it. I'll try to take pictures tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I've never worked with beeswax but you make it sound very appealing. The quote you used is just right for that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't beeswax lovely to work with? I often use it to make background and love the smell. And it is such a tactile experience too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S I agree with Janet. That is the perfect quote for that picture.

    ReplyDelete