Friday, January 5, 2007

Paint on Paper Towels

This was an interesting twist on an old technique. You really can't see that the background is made from paper towels. They are torn into little pieces and glued on the card. As you overlap them, the colors mix and change and become fun. I used a piece of my resin paper for the crown. It doesn't look different than if I brushed crystal lacquer on it...Now, for a different kind of art - let me introduce you to the new member of our kitchen. This is my new, super cool Infrawave oven:
We have a tiny kitchen and yet we manage to stuff new appliances and gadgets all the time. This little thing uses infrared light waves to cook faster than regular oven. It starts cooking the minute you turn it on (no preheating!) and it has this fun light that keep turning on and off. I know that I sound like an infrommercial, but I cook every single day and this is like a new art supply for me. I'm having fun with it and sharing the love :-)

4 comments:

  1. Love the texture Zo...and the oven! ;o)

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet butterfly queen :) Clever use of papertowels. Love your work. Btw, I never would have known that was a little oven from the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the artwork is beautiful, love all the blended colors and your choice of elements.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so new to all this that everything is just wonderful and exciting. Who knew paper towels and baby wipes could be art supplies! I love it! Thanks for sharing all your art and showing the different techniques you use. It really helps beginners like me.

    ReplyDelete