Tuesday, January 23, 2007

AHA moment!

I had a big AHA moment! I just realized that I can transfer my thoughts, wishes and worries on paper or canvas. I guess I have been doing it all along, but this time it was deliberate.... kind of like a therapy...This canvas describes my day... Big thoughts, big life changing decisions, important stuff... and I was able to relax while letting my hands work with paint and paper. When I finished I felt tired, but calm.
I find it interesting that the process was so personal and yet it feels finished and I can let it go easily (here). Why is that? 9" x 12" canvas

3 comments:

  1. That is an amazing piece of work. The quote is so true and one I hadn't seen before. Art is like therapy at times. It seems that you created a beautiful powerful piece while working through some decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful piece. Think me sees my fav, tissue paper. and I love love her hair. Keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so glad you had that "aha", it feels good when that happens! I've realized a lot of things I didn't know I was doing when I started blogging about my process. Your artwork is all magnificant! love all the color, detail and depth! xo Lia

    ReplyDelete