Thursday, December 21, 2006

Sketching birds

I can't seem to find the time to play as I usually do... I don't even have anything listed on eBay (and that doesn't happen often). That doesn't mean that I am not creating. Good thing is that I finally realized (at 42) that I have to create.... it makes me happy, no matter if it is big or small, good or bad... I have to make something every day. So, I've been sketching birds...
They are not shaded, not because I don't have the time, but because I don't know how to do that. I wish my mother were here; she would shade and bring life to them. Speaking of my mother, I visited the Art Store today and bought her a set of Derwent Graphitint pencils. I had to try them... Don't look at my example and judge the pencils, because I was coloring like a child - not in the way you are really supposed to do.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Zorana, I esp. love the wee bird sat on the rose. But he looks so sad - sis he sit on a thron?? :o)
    You've inspired me to get my pencils out. I can at least doodle while the house is full of people, even if I can't get all my supplies out for a proper play.
    My email is up and running, by the way, even though I've haven;t been able to retrieve all my past messages :o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bird sketches. What a great exercise. I might not get to do art everyday but I have discovered that it makes me so happy. Seasons Greetings.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete