Saturday, November 11, 2006

My tears for breast cancer

I borrowed this picture and title from JoAnnA's blog. If you are not familiar with her work (mosshillstudio), grab a cup of coffee and get ready to spend hours browsing through pure eye candy.
JoAnnA is my constant inspiration. The moment I received her ATCs in a swap was a turning point in my art. I was stunned not only by her creativity, but also by the quality of the cards. They were different from anything I ever bought or received and it changed the way I create from that moment on...
She is preparing to fight for her life and I'm sure that, with her strength and support of all who love her, she will win the battle... But it is tough to understand the 'why'... To understand how one day you can lead your regular life, only to have someone tell you the next day that you have been sick for years without knowing. I am at a loss for words... the only thing I can do is think about her, send good energy and join some of the collaborative projects that have been started already to support her.

No comments:

Post a Comment