Thursday, November 23, 2006

Cranberries and other good things

The rebel in me is against holidays most of the time... I just don't understand how are we supposed to be thankful one day in a year, show love for mothers or fathers one day in a year, buy presents on anniversaries, etc. Maybe it is because I know many people that don't live happy lives and then suddenly pretend that everything is just fine on those 'special' days... And maybe I shouldn't write all of this. Maybe I should just write a list of things I'm thankful for. It's a long list, but I will not share it at this time. What I will share is the best recipe for a cranberry sauce. Actually - it is a cranberry compote (Martha Stewart recipe). Hana made it and it was unbelievable good. Very easy... Try it!
In a large saucepan bring 1 package (12 ounces) cranberries, 3 cups seedless red grapes, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/ cup water to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until most of the cranberries have popped and grapes are falling apart, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat; add salt and stir to combine. Let cool to room temperature (compote will thicken as it cools).
Everything was yummy. Our little family was happy to be together and I was very thankful for the love that surrounds me. I hope that you all had a wonderful day too... I am also extra thankful for knowing you ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment